Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for animal feeds is intended for use by the retail trade in relation to mixed feed products, animal feeds, premixtures and additives. GMP also applies to the production, transport, storage and handling of these products. This regulation, which is based on ISO 9001, has been adapted to cover the specific situation of animal feed producers. The system effectively guarantees the quality and safety of animal feed production.
DEKRA certification has been accredited for the following GMP standards:
• GMP B 1 Manufacture and processing of feed for productive livestock
• GMP B 2 Quality control of feed ingredients
• GMP B 3 Trade in feed for livestock
• GMP B 3 (2007) Animal feed – trade, collection, storage and transshipment of feeds
• GMP B 4.1 Road transport of feed
• GMP B 4.2 Inland waterway transport of feed materials
• GMP B 4.3 Hygiene code for inland waterway transport
• GMP B 4.4 Sea transport of animal feed
• GMP B 4.5 Rail transport of feed materials
• GMP B 5 Storage and transshipment of feed for livestock
• GMP B 6 Cultivation of animal feed
• GMP B 8 Pet food (manufacture and trade)
If required, we can combine GMP with FAMI QS certification and HACCP inspections.